Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Health Update

Alright, it's about time I actually updated people on how I am doing.

I tried to see Dr. Chen a week or so ago, but he had just come back from vacation and was SOOOO behind. I was there for an hour and still wasn't seen and I was about to get on plane. So I had to leave without beings seen. I was finally able to get a new appointment yesterday, so here is the update (finally)......

All my blood work came back good. We are all happy about that. I have a full body scan next month. Dr. Chen said I am not completely out of the woods yet, but he is really happy with my progress. We will continue scans about every 6 months this first few years.

I have been working out a lot more and I am finally feeling like I can push myself and not "hurt" myself. Brent and I started swimming again and P90x...all I can say about P90x is it feels great, but boy I am NOT a coordinated person. Dr. Chen asked about my heart rate and lungs and I told him I was feeling a lot better. He asked what I did...I just told him I decided to be patient and wait. I waited longer before I really started working out again. I waited until I felt better physically and was emotionally ready for what was to come.

I can't say I don't think about it coming back. I do my best not to. I get stressed easily and working out more has helped me manage that a lot more. As I am getting stronger working out, the reality of the cancer being gone becomes more real. It's a much better place to be, that's for sure!

No comments: