Saturday, February 13, 2010

random thoughts

So I am currently in a town, outside Columbia, MO. I stop at a subway to eat and notice a gentleman across the way. Something about him doesn't feel right. I knew he was watching me and I wanted to stay there to eat. So I picked my table accordingly...back to him, far enough forward that he couldn't really see me. I am just about done eating and he's standing right next to me. Let's just say, I tried to stay cool. He says "I wanted to come over to introduce myself. My name is Mike." And he reaches out his hand. I shook it and said it was nice to meet him. He then walks away. I couldn't see where he went, from my strategic seat choice...

To me, he appeared to be a lonely guy, mid thirties, glasses, tad dis-shoveled, about 5'5" and 180 lbs. I am sure it took a lot for him to come over, but I started thinking about scenes from Criminal Minds. I started looking around, after he left, to see if he did leave. Is he going to follow me? Was it an act of kindness or is this someone I need to be concerned about? It's hard to say.

I travel 70% of my job and just about all of it I am traveling alone. I am always aware of what is going on around me...trying to be one step ahead...and always plan for the unexpected.

Its just sad that because of society, I think the worst in this guy...instead of taking it as a complement (potentially).

All I know for sure is that I wasn't followed and didn't see him again.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Can't be too careful today,It really is sad when the majority of people are really GOOD!!!