Monday, December 15, 2008

Diving right back into things......

My first trip to Atlanta went well, other then the horrible experiences I had at the Hilton Atlanta (don't ever stay there!!). I was at the meet for a day and a half, just enough to test my body. I was able to meet up with one of my college friends, Ashlee Fotinakes and her daughter Karlyn. Was great to see her and to catch up. It's amazing how much we have all grown up since our college lives. My body handled the trip well. I was able to come back on Friday to the OC for a few days to rest, do some laundry and spend some time with Brent.

On Tuesday I flew to Austin. Going back to one of the greatest place and where most all of my greatest, closest friends live, it was extremely difficult to get it all in and I definitely failed. I did hit most all my favorite restaurants, but wasn't able to see everyone I wanted to. The meet took up most all of my time, so it left me with a few hours here and there to try to meet up with everyone. I am looking forward to trying to get back there in March - my body will be in a much better place. I was much more worn down by the end of this trip, my voice starting to crack a little. It was a welcomed trip back to the OC for sure. I got in a lot more then I thought I would, but definitely not enough as I wanted.

I flew back last night and felt it this morning. Just worn out. I didn't stay in the office all day today, came home and worked here. I am able to just sit and get work done when I do that. I will be in the office tomorrow before I fly to Boston. Not looking forward to the cold....but looking forward to some extended family time and seeing Brent's family!!

Overall, my body is responding well, but still miles away from where I want to be. One day at a time......

Here are a few pictures from a night at Hula Hut, enjoy.....

No comments: