Sunday, April 27, 2008

Friday Surgery


This morning went smooth. I was at the hospital by 6:30 this morning. Matt and Dad both spent the night. Matt didn't come to the hospital, just Brent, Dad and I. I was taken in for surgery about 8:30 am. They knocked me out and the surgery was over before I knew it. I woke up with a 2-3 " scar around my colar bone. It's pretty swollen, stiff, but not painful. I have some good drugs and went on my way. The doctor came and spoke to both Brent and Dad and said it looks like Hogkins and he thinks I will be doing both Chemo and radiation. I am going to go see him on Tuesday (i guess the 48 hour rule only applies to Business days) On Tuesday will be the day to come up with the plan and the best options based on all the facts. My mom is planning on flying here on Sunday so she can be with me through Tuesday to help come up with the plan...especially because she always knows the right questions to ask :)

That's a picture of the scar....

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Love you and thinking of you!

Unknown said...

Erin,
Colleen passed this along. I just want to let you know that you are in my prayers and I know you will get through this. You are one tough cookie!
Annie (Getter) Brown

Erin Maher said...

You're in my prayers, too, Horn. Sending all sort of positive energy, vibes and love your way!
XOXO,
Erin

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty kick ass battle scar though. I mean at least this way when you and Brent get rowdy in a bar and upset the locals they won't mess with you because who messes with a chick who's gotten stabbed in the neck while serving time (that can be a side story to earn some street cred). When I'm in SD I'm rolling with you kids. Talk to you soon!!!!