Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wednesday Update

Today has been a lot of phone calls and managed to come into the office for a little while. I even got to take a 'real' shower today - no one had to wash my hair in the sink!

The next few days will keep me nice and busy. I am scheduled to get another chest x-ray tomorrow morning (9:15am), I think they want to make sure my lungs are clear pre-treatment. The nature of what I have, the first place it could go would be my lungs.

Friday, (8:15am) I am going to be meeting with Dr. Chen, my oncologist to talk about everything and to have all the questions answered, so it's getting closer! Both Dad and Mom will be joining me for the appointment.
At about (10:30am) on Friday, I will also check back into the hospital to get my port put in. I think the surgery is actually scheduled for noon, but they will be putting me under again...

At first, they were having a hard time getting everything in this week. They tried having me move the oncologist appointment to Monday, but there was NO way I was going to sit on this for another few days....each day everything waits is another day that I am not being treated. So I pleaded my case and they moved things around for me :)

So it looks like things are getting done and starting to fall into place......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are getting to the oncologist on Friday. Can't wait for the update. Lots of positive thinking going your way.

Unknown said...

Thinking of you- hope your x-ray went well this am. I saw this girl on a pink motorcycle the other day...I had to shake my head- I think you're one of the few girls I know that can pull off being on a bike :)

courtney timmons said...

urtneyHi Erin,
I was just brought into the loop and read your blog. You are in my prayers and I will be rooting for you. You are an incredibly strong individual and know that will help with your recovery.
Love,
Courtney T.

Linda said...

Hi Erin, I will keep you in my prayers. You will get through this, your a strong willed woman. Also, can you post/email me you address. Love you, Linda

Unknown said...

Howie...

Stay strong, girl! You are a fighter and soon all this will be a thing of the past. I love you and am thinking about you always.

Love,
Martha

Unknown said...

ps...

this is Martha Guleke if you were wondering. I thought that would show up when it posted but obviously it didn't. Anyway... Do you remember when we took the picture by the fountain at our hotel at Conference my freshman year? Random, but I saw that picture the other day. Love ya!