Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving and upcoming plans

Hopefully everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The weekend was pretty uneventful other then it taking more out of me then I thought. Brent and I slept close to twelve hours last night, just trying to recover.

There is a lot of things on my calendar the next few weeks, first and foremost...my car was involved in an accident, Brent was driving - no worries he is okay. We will know tomorrow if there is enough damage to call my car totalled. We are hoping NO! So keep your fingers crossed. I am getting my port out on Tuesday morning. Brent is going to take the morning off so he can come with me. I am not sure what to expect, but they aren't putting me under. Dr. Berman (the surgeon) seems to think it will be really easy, so just have to trust him. The procedure is at 8 am and at 1 I am getting on a plane for Atlanta. I will be there for a few days and then I will be heading back home to recover. I will then leave the following Tuesday for Austin, will be there for work...and of course will extend it a little longer for personal reasons :) I fly home Sunday and then leave on Wednesday for Massachusetts.

Hopefully you were able to keep up with it all. I am definitely nervous about how I will hold up through all this. (C.Webb, I know!) I will do my best to break away and rest when needed. I am coming back to rest between trips and will continue to be overly cautious around others...I am also excited to get back into the swing of things!

Here are a few pictures from Thanksgiving....




1 comment:

Paige Pauli said...

I'm in a web design class in Seattle with your friend, Jessica. I was diagnosed with NSHD back in late May... my last chemo is tomorrow! Just thought I'd say hi and congrats on remission! Hopefully I'll be in the same boat later this month!