Thursday, October 16, 2008

Radiation Appointment today -

So I went in to see Dr. Woodhouse today. I hadn't seen him since the day I was admitted. I knew going into this appointment that I was done, but at the same time I know very little about radiation....I was willing to hear him out. He felt around in my neck and we sat and had a chat. He wanted to know what Dr Chen (oncologist) and Dr. Zelner (throat Dr.) felt. I told them they felt I have done enough and that I agreed. He felt the same way- phew! I have another PET scan early November, so he would like a call with my results. Based on that test, we can make any future decisions, but let's be honest, I am not planning on doing this again!!

I asked for my radiation mask. I figured I might need a Halloween costume, right? Keep in mind, the thick piece around the edge was locked to the radiation table, good times! Here is a photo of it for your viewing pleasure, enjoy.....




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just scary! I am so glad you are done.

meri said...

No kidding! Phew is right! No more scary mask! So happy that is over!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you don't have to go through more radiation. Congrats on being done! You are one tough cookie, Erin.

e said...

ahh! spooky...

Congratulations on being done!

Anonymous said...

That is one scary mask.