Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Was Admitted

Okay, I am on my blackberry so this is going to be a short post for now.
After returning from the ER I had the reaction to the Codeine. I was able to sleep a few hours before I just starting getting sick. I was up from about 1:30am until 6:45am when Brent and I headed to the DR. (We debated all night which way we were going to go and decided having my DR admit me was better then the other way around).
I was admitted Monday about 11am, after roughly 4 days of not eating or drinking. I lost too much weight and was in a LOT of pain. They put me on all sorts of IVs. Yesterday morning they put a camera down my throat to take some pictures and saw how bad it was. Fire engine red and raw. They took a few biopsies that I won't have the results for until another few days. What we do know is Radiation did this. It was never happened this fast to anyone (another rarity, fantastic).
They are planning on keeping me until I can eat & drink on my own, or I'll end up back here...and so far I haven't progressed far.
The only thing that will heal me is time...I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We knew you were one in a million. Silver Linings (I can always find a few) 1.)plenty of people to take care of you there and stay on top of things. 2.)When you are ready then can bring you ice cream-you won't have to get it yourself. 3.)No need to do laundry. 4.)You will be able to write to the creators of Grey's Anatomy and ER and tell them they don't do anything the way it is done in real hospitals.
Thinking of you as always. Hang in there. Stay strong! XOXO Colleen

meri said...

Oh my gosh...Er....I hope they are going to give your body a break to heal some!! Keep your head up sweetie! Thinking of you often:)

e said...

I'm praying for you. Stay positive

KRH said...

oh no erin! i am so sorry! you are definitely in my prayers.

Cate said...

hang in there horn. hope you feel better soon!

M. O'Rourke said...

xoxo love you