Saturday, August 23, 2008

Annoying!

There are some many side effects that come along with Chemotherapy, I couldn't possibly name all of them....but the most recent one is driving me CRAZY! My eye lashes are falling out. I have roughly 10 a day floating around my eyeball. Most of the time they are the really small ones you can't see so well....so I keep rubbing my eye to figure out what's bothering it and this little lash is what I find, ugh!

So yes, even though my body is clean, I am still having Chemo. With each Chemo cycle comes more side effects, fatigue, and more hair loss etc. I keep getting this question a lot - why are you still getting chemo if you are clear? Let's look at it this way, would you want to have to go through this again? I would rather go a little longer to MAKE SURE it's gone, rather then having to go back into treatment in 6 mo-1 year. It's one last final zap.

Other then the lashes, pretty much the same side effects as before - the hardest one to deal with is not being able to sleep. I know there are sleeping aids out there, but who wants to take a pill every night for that, especially with all the toxins already in my body. Truthfully, I sat around all day long reading an entire book and started another one. How can my body really be that tired from reading books? I can't take walks or exercise, I am sure that would help?? But I am still having trouble breathing, so when I am here by myself, it's not a good idea.....plus, I don't know what's going on. I don't want to push it if I am causing permanent damage. I have to wait a few more weeks to get into the lung doctor.

Don't take "normality" for granted!

No comments: