Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Chemo # 7

I have to start off by saying Congratulations to Matt Grevers - the TYR athlete who won a an Olympic Silver in last nights 100 back. Amazing swim on his part, especially when this isn't even an event he was training for all year!

I went into my treatment this morning and my results were there....I just had to sit and wait over an hour for Dr. Chen to come into the office. I guess when you are a DR you can come in really late in the morning ;0 So it turns out that my heart is fine. We still don't know what's going on, but no major problems are showing up on my lung or heart tests. We went ahead and removed the lung drug, because that did show a decrease in my capacity. So, I was happy with the decision.

I am still waiting for my pre-approval to see a lung doctor, I just got one for a heart Doctor, but not sure why I needed that?? I can hopefully talk with the lung Doctor about what's going on and get some answers. I am going in to see Dr. Chen tomorrow to ask a LOT of questions about my plan from here. Mom will be joining Brent and I, which is a VERY good thing, because I am quite out of it the few days after each treatment...and I am not sure how good my questions would have been.

I am feeling alright today. Not completely in a fetal position or anything, been able to eat, so that's good. Just a little out of it and tired. I will let you know how tomorrow goes....

1 comment:

meri said...

Hey Erin....so glad to hear all this latest news! Happy happy! I hope you start to feel better! Also so glad to see your mom made it safe and sound! Can't believe she is gone from Longfellow Road!!