Monday, July 21, 2008

Blinders

What I have realized these last few days is that 90 % of our population walks around with blinders on. People cut you off in traffic, not caring if you have to slam on your breaks. Then I watch people cut in lines, walk into you in crowds.....it's time for people to open their eyes and realize they are not the center of this world. There are other people here, look around! What set me off was at Angels Stadium this weekend. How could people not notice a bald girl, walking slow - obviously having a hard time walking? They kept cutting me off, stepping in front of me, walking into me and so on. I am completely guilty of this as well, pre-cancer. Please, if you notice yourself doing this, take a deep breath and look around! Life is too short to run around with blinders on....



Okay, back to me :) The game went alright. I enjoyed being there, but it was really hard. I tried hard not to let the people around me make me frustrated. It was more getting to my seats. Brent carried me on his back for a portion of our walk - if I go again, I have to have a wheel chair. Once I got to my seat, I was able to cheer along with the entire stadium - "Lets go Red Sox!" I almost forgot I was in Cali and not Boston. I attached a photo of where we were sitting, it was perfect. We had plenty of space and were in the shade. Too bad the Sox didn't have a good game. The picture definitely makes it look like we can't see the game, but I assure you, we could!
Jon and Monica were here all weekend, we had a nice time just laying around, reading, and watching movies. Matt and Alex were able to come up on Sunday - it's always great to have the family around.
This round hasn't gotten too much better, in terms of how I am feeling. Still really tired and having trouble eating. My counts are good, I've been taking them every other day, so I guess that is the trick for me. One round at a time, one day at a time.

No comments: