Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This round...

It's been a few days since my last post....sorry about that. This round has taken a lot more out of me. I have my analysis of why I am dead this round - I think my treatment was a lot shorter. That makes sense, doesn't it? If I get the same amount of drugs in my system, in a shorter period of time, it can only affect how I feel. I had my treatment in 30-45min faster then normal. It should have triggered a reaction from me when they nurse was like, it's going really fast, but you should be okay?!? Oh well. It's the reality of this round - just have to deal.

My shots arrived on time! YEAH! PrecisionRX is proving they can do things right. I decided to keep my shots spread out a little this round, because my counts were perfect last round. I took one on Saturday, one Monday and one today. Brent and I found a way to make them less painful, so that's been a great relief. I will take the next two tomorrow and Friday. Overall, I am much more tired and fatigued then "normal" chemo cycles. I am having a really hard time sleeping and eating this time. The first few days, I was unable to leave my bed...but have now been able to move back to the couch. I have a measurement of how I am doing, the stairs to my oncologist. There are about 25 steps (haven't actually counted). At first, I was able to take them 2-3 at a time, run up them. Today, it took me about 5 minutes and couldn't breathe at the top. I am determined to not take the elevator! It is also just a slight reality check each time I go in. Each day I am feeling a little better and I am doing my best to remind myself that feeling like garbage is VERY good thing. It means the cancer cells are being killed and chemo is working. If I felt good, then we'd have a problem!

One of our athletes, Eric Shanteau was just diagnosed with testicular cancer. He was told the week before Olympic Trials and he proceed to kick ass at trials and earn his spot on the US Olympic team! He is being highly monitored and has decided to wait for any treatment/surgery until after the games. Please keep him in your thoughts as well.

Friday morning, Jon and Monica are coming to visit. It will be great to see them. Dad got us all tickets to the Red Sox vs Angels game on Saturday. Not sure how that will go, but I am going to try my best to go! Handicap section, here we come.....

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Hey Hey girlfriend...whenever you're up for it gimme a call...I want to schedule a visit but I really only have one week that I can really come so I want to see how that falls into your treatments. I don't care but I want you to be okay with when I come. Love you muchly, B

Anonymous said...

I'll be watching the game & thinking of you! Glad to know there will be some Sox fans representing while they're on the road. Maybe you'll bring them some luck...they'll need it after last night! I hope you have a great day, you deserve it :)

Unknown said...

Hi Erin,

The one thing I always enjoyed while I was at TYR was your consistent upbeat personality. Even while you are going through all this hell (I know it's a must to get better), I do enjoy reading your blogs. I don't mean that to sound horrible, but you are still the same wonderful positive Erin as when I was at the old home front. I do know you are going through what will be undoubtedly the most difficult time in your life. So, to help you through it, I have placed you permanently on our prayer list until you are fully healed, which I declare it done! I sure miss you and I keep you in my prayers always. I know your positive attitude is what is pulling you through and keeping you on the path of healing.

Love you,
Linda (McCune)