Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Earthquake!!

Today was absolutely insane. If you have never felt an earthquake, it's really hard to describe. I think the last time I checked, it was a 5.4, pretty big - felt from LA to San Diego across to Vegas! It was about 11:45 am and I was trying to lay down for an afternoon nap. Brent and Lara decided to take a little time this morning to go kayaking, so they weren't home. I was resting when I thought one of my neighbors was being rude by slamming their garage. I sat there for a second and realized the vase next to my bed was hopping and all the pictures on the walls were rocking. It took me about 10 seconds to register what was actually going on. I ran out of the room and looked into the living room...it looked like we had a house boat. The entire apartment was moving in a wave and everything was continuing to shake - completely unreal. Everyone was safe, no one that I know of got hurt, just a crazy experience!

On the medical side - I was at the hospital for about 2 hours yesterday. I had a CT scan and a PFT done. It was pretty uneventful - I did get poked in both my arms though, the nurse had trouble finding my veins, lucky me! As of right now, all I know is that my lungs are still clear (no tumors). The PFT results were not ready for my doctor. I did ask the technician for a printout of the results (trying to be pro-active), but didn't get me far. I will call them tomorrow to see what is going on and to hopefully prevent this from getting much worse. My energy level has been a little higher this round, which has been fantastic. Just trying to enjoy feeling slightly normal.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have run into the bathroom and jumped in the tube!

Bethany said...

Can I just tell you...my mom called this mornng..."Have you talked to Erin??" "Yes mom, I know there was an earthquake" "Great and you're flying there this weekend" "I know mom, I didn't say anything cause I knew you'd worry" "You're right I am worried...how's Erin?"

I knew it was comin so I thought I'd let her find out on her own...I'm not sure that was better. Can't wait to see you SOON!!