Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

I had my body scan on Thursday - pretty uneventful except for the nurse who decided putting my IV on the inside of my forearm was a great idea?!? I was literally yelling at her how bad it hurt, and she just kept digging. Karma will get her later! I will get those results on Wednesday of next week. My shot finally arrived on Thursday as well, actually UPS came while we were at the hospital. So I missed the shipment. I pleaded with the UPS people to come back (otherwise I wasn't going to get the shipment until Monday). So the UPS man came back - seriously, does that ever happen?? So finally I am set until my next chemo session. Other then that, I am feeling pretty good. Been tired, but been eating well and managing my energy well too. I keep escaping for naps and been reading a lot of books, so it's helping to make me rest.
We had some great visitors Thursday as well, Tim and Kydani! I coached them both at UConn and Tim now lives out here in LA. We had them over for dinner :)
After we watched trials on TV, Tim and Kydani took off and Brent and I headed down to Matt and Alex's. It's always great to get out of the house! We have been doing a lot of eating and me a lot of sleeping. Of course, I make the entire house watch trials too....doesn't get much better than that for me right now.
Here are a few pictures we took during the weekend so far. Enjoy -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

like you had to make us watch trials... it was fun getting to watch them with swimmers though. it adds to the experience

@lx the gr8 said...

any news on the scan results???