Saturday, June 28, 2008

Chemo # 4

Another one down! Brent took me to treatment yesterday and for some reason it was really a slow patient volume day. He was able to sit with me the entire time - was great to have someone to talk to and for him to experience it all with me. He was asking a lot of questions and helped me to watch my bags - if I move too much, my bags stop flowing (my port isn't straight). So with the extra set of eyes, we flew through treatment - only took 3 1/2 hours. My counts were low, they were at a 2.7 (not moving in the right direction). So I have to take 5 shots this time, yeah! I am going to try to spread them out a tiny bit, take 2, skip a day and then 3. Something like that. I am waiting on my refills to get delivered to my apartment today, I only have 1 here...so I hope they come later today or it might be 1 then skip a day :)

When I got home, I was much more tired this time than I was from previous rounds. Of course that is to be expected, but it definitely lets a little wind out of my sails. I wouldn't recommend watching sad movies when it's times like this, we watched We Are Marshall. I just kept crying, horrible idea! Thursday night we watched SiCKO , not sure if you have seen that one yet, but it shed some light on the faults of insurance companies here in the US and it made Brent and I want to move to another country for the free medical care!! I was able to get some sleep during the day as well as last night, so this morning I am feeling significantly better than yesterday.

I have been talking to my co-workers a lot, it's great to still know what is going on at Olympic Trials. It makes me feel like I am a part of it all. The meet starts tomorrow night, can't wait!
Here are the TV times for swimming:
Sunday, June 29 8:00-9:00 pm ET NBC
Monday, June 30 8:00-9:00 pm ET USA
Tuesday, July 1 8:00-9:00 pm ET USA
Wednesday, July 2 8:00-9:00 pm ET USA
Thursday, July 3 8:00-9:00 pm ET USA
Friday, July 4 8:00-9:00 pm ET NBC
Saturday, July 5 8:00 -9:00 pm ET NBC
Sunday, July 6 8:00 -9:00 pm ET NBC

1 comment:

Graham Howarth said...

You know, we can't give you movie recommendations if you don't tell us what you've been watching!! Most of the ones I've seen lately are kind of sad (Into the Wild, Atonement)... and mostly chick flicks, too, which I know Brent is really into. And then there's the down-right creepy, like No Country for Old Men. And the really bad-ass, like There Will Be Blood (DDL absolutely carries that movie). But I think of some for Brent with Amanda Bynes or Hillary Duff or someone like that. -GH