Monday, June 30, 2008

Insurance Companies!

Most of the day I spent on the phone arguing with people - not really, but pretty darn close. I don't think I had enough energy to yell, but was definitely frustrated! Typically I get my Neupogen shots delivered to my house the day of each Chemo so I can take them the following X days I am suppose to take them. My insurance company wanted me to change from OSO home care (which was doing a fantastic job) to PrecisionRX. I had been working on all the paper work since round 3, now it's round 4 and the shots weren't delivered. Apparently they miscoded the entry (PrecisionRX) so my insurance company wouldn't accept it....but I didn't find this out until Friday evening. Basically, I still don't have them and won't have them until Wednesday. I was able to get a shot from my oncologist today, so hopefully that will hold me over temporarily. What makes me so nervous is that my white counts were down to 2.7 pre-chemo, I can't imagine it has gone up much, just further down....so I am doing everything to make sure I don't get exposed to anything and that I conserve as much energy as possible.

Wow, that was a mouth full and I am still highly annoyed by it. Just reminds me of SiCKO and how right it truly is!

Other then that, I have been pretty out of it and weak. I felt great the day after treatment but it hit me hard on Sunday. Haven't had much of an appetite, been quite nauseous and having the body itches...like there are fleas, but we don't have those and I am the only only itching?!?

I wish I had some great things to report, but it's just not one of those times. I did have some great visitors over the weekend. Dad, Jeannie and Matt which usually consists of movie watching and funny stories. Colleen and Rachel were here from the East Coast (my UConn roommates) they came into town on Thursday so I got to spent time with them when I was feeling good! We drove down the coast a little and I will put up photos shortly.

No comments: