Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Weekend

Jon and Monica were a great help this weekend. It was great to watch the battle of the chefs (Brent and Monica). Excellent food and great company. Although I wouldn't say I ate a lot, but each day gets a little bit better.
Most of the weekend was low key, I seem to get worse towards the end of each day. Slight headaches and upset stomach, but not to the point where I was getting sick, just incapacitated. The couch is my best friend during most of these days.

Saturday morning, Matt drove up. He wanted to make sure he spent some time with Jon and Monica while they were in town...and of course to hang out with me :) We watched some movies and had some good laughs. Matt, Dad, and Jeannie came over on Sunday for Father's Day....we had brunch, watched the Sox game, then the Celtics, and BBQ. Does a Father's day get any better than that??
I have definitely noticed I am more weak after this treatment. My reserves are getting a little depleted. I will get smalls boosts of energy during the day and then crash. I am getting discouraged a little - I want to know how much longer I need to mentally stay strong...how many more times? I know I won't have answers for a few more weeks, but it's hard to roll out of bed some morning without knowing that. Brent is done with school, so he will be around for the next few months, perfect timing. I will definitely need that daily support!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Thinkin of you lovie, let me know if there is anything I can do!