Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend Festivities

I just had an excellent weekend. Lara flew it on Friday and left today.....we did a lot of laying around, laughing and short trips out and about. What was even better was that I was feeling good and had some energy! She brought some crazy wigs we played around it, see attached photo.

On Saturday, I took it easy. Brent and Lara went down to the ocean and did a little boogie boarding and ocean swimming. Lara signed up to do the Playa Del Run race on Sunday morning (1000 ocean swim and 5K run), we wanted to make sure she was comfortable in the powerful Huntington Beach ocean before she raced. Plus she had only been in the ocean 3 other times!

Sunday morning, we woke up nice and early to get to the race. Lara did the race with a bunch of my friends; Erin, Bobby, Tyler, Ryan and Shawn. They all did fantastic...other then Shawn getting stung by a stingray! Shawn was a rock star and still managed to finish the swim even though she was bleeding. Lara got together with a friend during the day, so I took the time to rest. The Celtics were playing again, needed to store up some energy :) We went over to our friends' house, Ryan and Shawn to watch the game. We did a little grilling. It was great to be able to get out of the house in small doses. The only interesting thing that happened was a random rash on my neck (at my first scar) about half way through the game - maybe it's because the Celtics almost lost a 22 point lead!!!!!! Not sure why they like to raise my stress level like that? I took some Benadryl and it went down by the morning.

Today was low key as well. Worked throughout the day and then we went to see Sex and the City during lunch. Big fan, great movie!

Looking Ahead:
I will hopefully have my head scan results back soon, I definitely had 1 or 2 headaches a day this weekend. I keep trying to figure out what I am doing pre each one and haven't been able to find a cause. I have my blood test again on Wednesday - hoping my counts didn't drop. I really paid attention to my energy levels this weekend. I am also meeting with my oncologist as well - have a lot of follow up questions for him, dad is coming with me. Thursday night, Jonny and Monica arrive to be with me for my third Chemo treatment.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the movie (Sex & The City) as well but not a Big fan; I'm an Adian fan...

@lx the gr8 said...

i am so happy that lara made a trip out to visit. she looks fantastic! looks like you guys had a gr8 time. i would be interested in seeing you in the red wig. it's a really cool red... the pink one is definitely funky... you go, sidney bristow ;o)