Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend


So it definitely took me until late Thursday and Friday to start to come around. I was a little frustrated with everything going on, but as soon as I was feeling more like myself - Brent and I decided to take a little trip. I have to play every day by ear, but Saturday morning I felt up for it, so Brent and I drove to San Diego. As we drove down there, sitting in traffic, I realized how much of the world I missed. I was just looking out the window with a new fresh set of eyes. I hadn't really left my apartment unless I was headed to the doctor and that was all within 5 miles of my house. It was just great to get some air.

My mom is moving out to San Diego in about a month and a half and because of the weather, we had her dog, Penny, sent ahead of time. She arrived this past Thursday. Luckily, Matt and Alex were willing to take on the challenge because they already have a dog of their own, Akira. I really wanted to see Penny because I grew up with her and hadn't seen her in a while. Is was a extra incentive to get my butt to San Diego. I quickly realized what an alpha dog she is and it showed as she kept going after poor Akira! It will be a little difficult transitioning them, but they will eventually work it out. I attached a photo, from Alex, of when they could sit calmly near each other!
Not much changed from my routine in HB, we watched a lot of movies...Matt and I actually started three different movies today and they were all horrible. We ended up stopping all of them short. The day consisted of us moving from the couch to a chair in the backyard. At least I had a dog to sit with me in each location :)

As for me, I felt pretty good all weekend. Just headaches, but beyond that, pretty good. My energy level is still on the low side, but eating normal and less of a fog for sure.

I definitely got a lot of encouragement from the messages, notes and calls for everyone around me. I really appreciate each and every one of you. Thank you!

1 comment:

Graham Howarth said...

It was very nice of Penny to come visit you and keep you company. Hopefully the trip wasn't too stressful for our girl. Does she know where she is? Akira looks good -- did she drop a little weight? -- and Penny looks so white-haired and regal-looking now! I'm sure if Baxter went down to visit, he'd (submissively) pee on the floor and then roll over on his back. Wuss. -GH