Tuesday, May 13, 2008

1st Day of Chemo

I know a lot of people are thinking about me, thank you! I wanted to be sure to update this as fast as I could...just walked in the door.

This morning was nice and easy, had a great nurse Nja help us. She just had a baby boy 3 months ago, so mom and she were talking up a storm. Helped time pass.
They drew my blood and gave me a cosmopolitan (sex and the city) bag of anti-nausea medications. She followed with a test round of the Bleomycin drug, wanted to make sure I didn't get sick or allergic reactions before starting treatment. Once I was free and clear of that they started me on that bag. I had three other drugs today; Vinblastine, Adriamycin, and Dacarbazine.
The only issues I had today was with my port, I had to sit on my side and keep my right shoulder up - the machine kept beeping at me and giving me away when I moved. Could have been worse, right ;)

Other then feeling tired, I feel fine. They said Thursday will be most likely be the day I have any side effects to any of this...that is about the time the anti-nausea wears off and the steroids.

I will keep you posted. All I can say is that I am ready that this finally started. Thanks for all the messages!

No comments: