Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Weekend....

I woke up this morning and turned on the TV. I sat and watched the marathon Olympic Trials (women) in Boston. All the hair on my arm stood up and I was so excited for these unknowns! All I have in the back of my mind is watching the TYR athletes make the team in a short few months. If I can sit and tear up on these people, I can't imagine the emotion with people I do know. Taking every day as it is will make July easier. The more I can learn about how my body handles this will allow me to travel to trials...that's what I want. Then a true vacation, ha!

This weekend is what I would call uneventful. Guess that's a good thing, right? I am having some stomach issues, but they come and go during the day....it will pass. Regardless, I was never hit with the nausea that I had been worried about. I have been sore from the shots (boosting my white blood counts) - feels like I did some massive squats and used my back a little too much. Even though I was just laying here on the couch, it did feel like I did something. :)

My goal this weekend was to sleep, relax, and to get to know my body a little bit more. How is it handling the treatment - listen to it. Eat when it told me to eat, not when everyone else was telling me to. It's not that I am not eating, just not a lot. The eating comes in spurts and I take advantage when the hunger comes - this morning was an egg and bacon. Odd, but tasted good.

And of course - thank you for the constant support Bethany (she is in the photo attached). She also donated all her hair to locks of love (www.locksoflove.org/). AWESOME!

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Hopefully you got my message...I'm thinking of you always...check the mail Tuesday or Wednesday! Love you girlie! ~B

Anonymous said...

On Sunday, I had turkey sausage and eggs. I am not a huge bacon fan but let's pretend that we had breakfast together!

@lx the gr8 said...

hi e, hope you are feeling well today. i talked to Graham today to 1. wish him a happy birthday, and 2. to find out what his so. cal travel schedule looked like. he and mckenzie plan on being in HB to visit with you on saturday, and adam may be coming up as well. i plan on being there, too. let me know if there is anything i can bring from san diego. hugs!

Anonymous said...

Erin,
John Lester from the Red Sox who had Lymphoma last year pitched a no hitter last night in Boston. Imagine what your future holds....Olympics?!?!

-Sarah

Anonymous said...

Erin, do you have an asian pharmacy near you? I have some natural herbs and teas for you to try. I have had Migraines since I got off birth control and I was given something lifted the migraine away. I still had a headache but NOT a migraine. Let me know. I will box this up and send it to you if not.

Graham Howarth said...

I don't know where he stacks up against Lance, but I think you need to throw this kid onto your list of cancer-surviors/athletes who have achieved pretty remarkable things in sports...

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2008/05/now_jon_lester_has_two.html

-G

Anonymous said...

It's hard sometimes when we're in situations like this that aren't normal, to look at the negative and not be positive. I just wanted to say that I truly admire the strength and courage you seem to have to face this thing head on and not let it get you too down. Once this is all over, hopefully you will able to inspire others to realize life doesn't have to stop.