Friday, May 2, 2008

Another update...

I got a call from my doctors office and the scans have already been approved by my insurance company. They left a message that I might not be able to get me in for a week - so I took a deep breath and called. Before she could say anything I said "I am going to be perfectly honest with you, I was just diagnosed with Hodgkin's and my treatments can not start until I have this scan....What's the earliest I can get in?" She said, "Hold on a second, let me see what I can do"....got to listen to some great holding music and she came back "How about Monday morning at 7 AM?" All I was thinking - Crap, it worked!
It will take a few hours for each scan on Monday,, all very good news. Looking like I can MAYBE get my first treatment next week.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, it's working!

2 comments:

Jessica Crowley said...

Getting everything moving as fast as possible is such a smart way to attack the disease. I'm proud of you. Bink

mckenzie said...

I'm so impressed with how much you have done in such a short time. I hope you were able to enjoy some family time this weekend and wish you strength in this next week. Thanks for the daily updates.
-McKenzie