Thursday, May 22, 2008

PFT

I feel like all I have been doing this week is taking tests. I had my PFT today (Pulmonary Function Test - Lungs). I had a little goof up with cars and keys this morning, so I was in a little bind with how I was going to get to my test. Good thing all my friends at TYR were willing to help me out...my friend Laura came by and picked me up. She got to sit and watch the test, I was trying so hard not to look at her and start laughing with my nose plug on and I was breathing into this half snorkel thing.

The great thing is this one I was off the charts on the PFT! I was over 100% on everything, at one point 150%. The goal is to still be at the same place post-chemotherapy! (That is why I am taking all of these tests.)

I also received the results from my blood test I took yesterday and all my counts are good. This means I don't have to give myself (or Brent giving me) shots to boost my white counts...it also means I can be around people. If my counts were low, I would be a lot more susceptible to getting sick as well as more weak then I am. I am not weak because my red counts are low, just because my body is using my energy to fight the cancer.

Plus I am feeling stronger and able to eat more 'normal'. Another day of good news! Let's keep these days coming......

4 comments:

Bethany said...

So the swimmer in you was a positive thing today (unlike when they put the port in) I suppose all that hypoxic training was worth more than just in the pool! Talk to you soon luvie!
~B

Anonymous said...

I love reading your updates, Horn. Your positive attitude is totally inspiring and totally what I'd expect from you. I think about you often and keep sending good vibes your way! XOXO, Erin

Anonymous said...

I love you Erin! I completely thought the same thing about lung capacity & swimming. And I can see you laughing when you "shouldn't" be... like in sign language class. Your updates are great, and the news couldn't be better. Thinking of you often & keeping you in my prayers :)
xo - h

Jessica Crowley said...

Rock on! Keep fighting it! (and Keep your horns up!)

Love you, Bink