Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's Thursday -

Yesterday was a lot to swallow. Between being sore, knowing what was happening, finding cancerous tumors in my chest....it was all a bit overwhelming.

After I got home, I had some time to take it all in. Brent, mom and I had some long talks about the treatments; my fears, what is going on, what do I want etc. The big question that I couldn't get past is Why do I have to wait until Tuesday to start treatment? I picked up the phone and called Dr. Chen's assistant, Jennifer. I left her a message last night asking her to call me this morning.

She called me back today and I had a little closure to the situation. Every day, my oncologist takes in new patients (sad, but true). The nurses can only handle 2-3 'new' patients per day. The first treatment is the hardest, between the anxiety and unknown, there is a huge informational session going on. Because I am 'new', I can not pick my day, I have to go the next available day where I can get the attention I need. So it finally made sense. I can be a lot more flexible with my treatment days once I pass the first treatment - the first one is the hardest.

Couldn't they have said that yesterday??

Other then that, I feel okay. Still a little sore from the Bone biopsy, but nothing I can't handle....

9 comments:

Tara said...

My name is Tara and I'm a life long friend of your Aunt Poufus. I just want you to know that you are in my prayers and that I wish a speedy recovery for you. You have a wonderful family that loves you. We will keep you in our thoughts.
Be strong and try to find your smile when you can. Good luck,
Tara Snyder and Family

Here Today Here Tomorrow said...

Hi, you dont know me but I feel like I know you. I have worked with your mom for a while now and she loves to talk about you and your brothers! Also you graduated hs with my sister. Even though we have never met I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you every day. I pray for your strength, your perseverence, and mostly for your quick recovery. I know how strong of a woman you are. I might be across the country from you but my heart is reaching out for yours. You can do this. I know you can.

Unknown said...

Hey Erin,
Your family in Creeeeanston RI is rooting for you. Sending lots of prayers and positive energy zooming across the continent straight to you. Even Billy stops to read your blog (ok, only when we have it up on the screen, but still, he is 13...) Seriously, we love you lots, and are thinking of you always.
Gina

Unknown said...

Hey Erin,
Your family in Creeeeanston RI is rooting for you. Sending lots of prayers and positive energy zooming across the continent straight to you. Even Billy stops to read your blog (ok, only when we have it up on the screen, but still, he is 13...) Seriously, we love you lots, and are thinking of you always.
Gina

Unknown said...

Wow. Can you tell I had some trouble logging in?
:-)
G

Unknown said...

Much love to you, Howie!

Unknown said...

Much love to you, Howie! I think about you every day.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you.
We love you, Poopsie!
xoxo Pouf &Bobyes

Courtney said...

WE WORK AT CHILD HEALTH WITH YOUR MOM - WE ARE NOT ALL THAT GOOD WITH THIS COMPUTER STUFF - WE ARE ALL THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY - YOU ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS - CAROL,COURTNEY,SUSAN R. AND BECKY - WHEW WE GOT THROUGH THIS THEREFORE THERE WILL BE MORE