Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend


This picture best describes the weekend festivities....Thank you Alex for putting this together for me.

It was a lot of relaxing time this weekend. Sitting around outside, laying in the hammock, and a few games of croquet & bocce. Alex's parents were visiting too - it was great seeing them. We had a gourmet breakfast this morning, should hold me over for a few days!!

Not too much is new on the health front. My scars are starting to heal up well, but still there. In some ways, it's just waiting for the "D" day and I can't wait to get Tuesday started...or as Alex says, "C" Day(Chemo Day). The sooner treatment starts the sooner I can really beat this thing. I just tried to eat a lot and get rest. I tried taking some small walks, but was getting winded (it was a little depressing).

My brother, Matt, bought me a few things to sport over the next few months....a new F&*! Cancer Shirt and hat :) I figured it was appropriate in a situation like this, don't you think?

So all and all, great weekend - except for my mom continuing to cheat at croquet!! As she said "I have to keep the family tradition alive!"

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Damn Matt for beating me to the punch...do you mind having more than one?