Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend


I must say, this weekend was very uneventful. (I am definitely not complaining)
On Saturday -
My cousins were in town; Adam and girlfriend Stef, Graham and his finance' McKenzie and my sister in law Alex. It was so good to see them! My Aunt and Uncle, Patty and George, sent me over a box of goodies (cookies and whoopie pies) and there are some classic shots of the gang enjoying them!
Sunday & Monday -
Great days of no needing to wake up or be anywhere. Brent and I just hung out. We did (okay, mostly Brent) did some cleaning, car care and laundry and a whole lot of guitar playing...that would be him playing and me just enjoying).

In terms of how I am feeling, I am hanging in there. My hair is still here...I will keep you posted. My appetite is back to normal, my stomach is still trying to keep up. I feel like a rock star for short periods of time and I want to take on the world. It catches up fast usually resulting in me laying on the couch for a while. We went out to the store and can make it about 15-20 minutes before I need to sit down. So I think in some ways the reality of how much this is affecting my body sets in. It still won't stop me though.

This up coming week is going to be straight forward. I am hoping to feel better and better every day and maybe get into the office a little. I have my weekly blood test on Wednesday and I have my second round of chemo on Friday - so I want to enjoy the little bit of energy I have right now. If the weather is good this week, I may try to swim - just as long as it's a warm night.

1 comment:

@lx the gr8 said...

the guilt of eating the bite of whoopie pie, and the peanut butter cookie was enough to push me to ride 23 miles on sunday! unfortunately, i don't know if that's enough to work off the whoopie pie alone!!

tish, if you get to reading the comments on erin's blog - they were yummy delish!