Friday, May 30, 2008

2nd Chemo Round

Dad was here about 7:45 this morning and we headed over to the oncologist. Dad was able to sit with me for the first 3 hours or so, before he had to give up his chair (another patient came in). It was good to at least have someone to talk to!

I was home about noon, as expected, and it took about an hour or so for the headaches to start. Even though they changed the anti-nausea meds, I am still having the same side effects. I had my Primary Care Doc prescribe me some real migraine drugs, so I took that and the headache is really light now, but not gone. I have a little appetite today as well...munched on yogurt, apple sauce and shredded wheat - yum! Ha, at least I can actually get food in me. When I weighed in this morning, I didn't drop, which is a very good thing. Although, my counts are really low - so it looks like I will be getting my white blood cell shots for the next 4 days, ouch. Other then that...Both Dad and I managed to get in a cat nap, so all and all, hanging in there. Just really weak, sore and tired.

For tonight, it's all about basketball! The Celtics are playing in game 6 tonight...if they win this, they are in the finals. I love Boston sports! Hopefully I am able to stay awake to actually watch it ;0

No comments: