Monday, May 5, 2008

Sorry this took me so long.....





Okay, where to start. I had a great weekend with my family in HB. To be honest, it was really hard to be around large crowds, because my chest is so sore from the port - the crowds are all about pushing through and bumping. It was great seeing them, but it definitely wore me out, was more activity in those two days then I had all week, but wouldn't have traded it for the world! I added a few photos of us out and about for your enjoyment....

Okay, back to the facts. Had the PET scan first this morning, got there a little before 7 am. Got to sit in some nice recliners, he put on a space heater and got ready for the tests. I think the guy felt bad about all my veins; he couldn't decide where to poke me, because I was all bruised in the most popular places. So he was careful and tried to just poke me once for today. He put some sugar stuff in me and I had to relax for about 45 minutes before the scan. Right before the scan I had to drink a LARGE cup of contrast - I wouldn't say it tasted bad, but by no means did it taste good. The gag reflexes didn't kick in, so that was a good thing. I was able to listen to my ipod during the scan, which was great! The scan was about an hour long and they tied me on the board. I just had to be still.....pretty much painless.

After the PET scan, I walked downstairs for the CT scan. They injected me with iodine and this scan was about 15 minutes, nice and short.

From there, went home, tried to get some work done, but was definitely out of it. I ended up passing out for a little over an hour and feel great now. The results from scan will not be ready until tomorrow. This will indicate what stage I am in and thus telling us what the treatment plan will be. Right now, I am waiting on the scan results; I have the bone marrow test on Wednesday. So much more to come in the next day or so……………

No comments: